Company History of ACS, Inc.
The evolution of a cabinet shop founded in 1928
Atlanta Cabinet Shop, Inc. was founded in 1928 by J.G. Street, Sr. on Edgewood Avenue in Atlanta, Georgia. At that time, in addition to fabricating custom residential woodwork, ACS provided wooden stake sides for Atlanta Gas Light Company’s fleet of trucks.
Mr. Street, along with his son, J.G. Street, Jr., continued to lead the company until 1977 when Ed Clements purchased the business. Mr. Clements shifted the business focus to commercial cabinet manufacturing. In 1978, his son, Don, joined him and together they moved the business to a larger facility on Milton Avenue in Atlanta.
Don took the reins when Ed Clements retired in 1993, and the business moved to its present location in Buford, Georgia. The business model has evolved to encompass its present focus on custom cabinet component manufacturing and an online ordering and sales model.